httpd-users mailing list archives

From Craig Longman <cra...@begeek.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] problem just starting apache2 (.0.40)
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2002 15:30:22 GMT
On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 11:05, William C (Bill) Jones wrote:
> On 10/3/02 11:00 AM, "Craig Longman" <craigl@begeek.com> wrote:
>
> > it seems like this is a permission problem.  is there anything special i
> > need to do to allow the default apache2 user (www-data) to get the
> > mutex, etc?  i'm not sure if there is a special file that is used, or
> > some system setting to change or what.
> >

> Just wanted to post a follow-up and say that I am not ignoring you -- I just
> cannot help now; I do not have enough experience with Apache 2.0 to say
> anything productive.

;-)  thanks.

well, more investigating seems to indicate that it might be related to
apache2-mpm-perchild.  i'm trying to install without that, i don't know
if thats possible or desireable or what.  i have a tough time believing
that the basic debian apache2 package is simply broken.  we'll see what
i can manage.

--

    CraigL->Thx();
    Be Developer ID: 5852