httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jacob Coby" <jc...@listingbook.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] PHP vs. WAP vs. XML vs. MIME types (a multi-technology question...)
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 20:07:21 GMT
> Good idea, but this had the same effect as <?php echo "<?xml
> everything?>\n"; ?> did.  I think <? and ?> inside quotes inside PHP are
> safe anyway.  The real problem is currently that the output is being sent
as
> the wrong MIME type (probably text/html or something to do with PHP
instead
> of text/vnd.wap.wml).

Ahh now I see!  You caught me, I wasn't paying attention at the beginning of
the thread :)

ok, try changing the header from within the php script:

header("Content-type: text/vnd.wap.wml");

This will replace the standard text/html MIME type that php echos.

Seems that php ignores the <? and ?> tags if they are in the string.  Good
call, I was assuming that they were special characters since they are picked
up from within comments.

-Jacob