httpd-users mailing list archives

From William C. (Bill) Jones <wcjo...@fccj.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Limitations of Apache
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 05:01:41 GMT
:)

What OpSys?  Obviously the math is a rough guess leaning toward
pessimistic;  your system listed below is handling shared memory
and the per-process httpd isn't leaking.

My Debian Sparc64 is handling Shared memory correctly as well and
the processes are not leaking, hell they are only 2MB each anyhow :)

However, my E10k at work is badly bloated and not sharing memory
well (not at all in fact.)  So that system needs 6GB of RAM just to
handle a 125 per user httpd spike (it's a Bbd courseware server)
and I had to limit the MaxPerChild to 10,000.

As I said in my past posts - the amount of memory needed on a per
system basis will vary a great deal...

Cheers!
-Sx-  :]