httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jacob Coby" <jc...@listingbook.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] problems compiling mod_ssl + mod_so
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 14:24:14 GMT
> I'm trying to compile apache 1.3.27 with some basic modules. I have
openssl
> already installed, and the latest mod_ssl.
>
> I go into the mod_ssl source tree and use this line:
>
> configure --with-apache=../apache_1.3.27 --with-ssl=../openssl-0.9.6g
>  --prefix=/path/for/apache
>
> Once thats done I go back to the apache tree and modify config.status like
> this:
>
> SSL_BASE="/usr/local/ssl" \
> ./configure \
> "--with-layout=Apache" \
> "--prefix=/path/for/apache" \
> "--enable-module=most" \
> "--enable-shared=max" \
>
> It compiles, but I only get mod_ssl, never mod_so. I have tried using
>  --enable-shared=so instead of most and max, but no matter what I do, I
> cannot get both mod_so and mod_ssl to both compile.

This is how configure mod_ssl to enable shared modules:
./configure --with-apache=/usr/local/src/apache-1.3.27/ --with-ssl=/usr --en
able-module=all
cd /usr/local/src/apache-1.3.27
make && make install

It looks like you are installing ssl in /usr/local/ssl, so you'd want to
change the --with-ssl arg to reflect that.  If you are doing a make install
on openssl, you should not have to point the apache compile to the dir you
untar'ed the openssl code to (ie NOT ../openssl-0.9.6g).

I guess I should note that this compiles _everything_ into apache, including
mod_so (which I then use to load php).

-Jacob