httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jacob Coby" <jc...@listingbook.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Information
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2002 15:36:01 GMT
> Looking for some Apache information. I'm interested in knowing if it's
> possible/advisable to run multiple instances of Apache on the same
machine.
> I know you can run multiple virtual sites from the same copy of Apache.
> However, I'd like to possibly run multiple copies of Apache on the same
> server, each with it's own IP address, with each copy being used for one
> site only.

Yes, it is.  You'll have to add the extra interfaces (assuming Linux here;
/sbin/ifconfig), and either install apache in multiple directories, or
specify a seperate config file with seperate scoreboard files
(httpd.pid),log files, etc per instance.  Mr. Owen's recommendations are
also good :-)

-Jacob
http://www.listingbook.com