httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Andersson" <thomas.anders...@karlstad.bonet.se>
Subject [users@httpd] Server stops working
Date Sat, 05 Oct 2002 19:57:37 GMT
Hi!

I'm new to Apache but is quite happy with it so far except for one very
irritating problem.
All of the sudden it stops delivering pages and I get missing page/DNS
errors from it when trying to view a page. The service is still running and
responding and there's no error message in the log, it just won't show any
page. The Only solution is to shut it down and start it up again, then it
works perfectly again for a while.
Editing a webpage seems to be a surefire way to make it happens as every
time I've run FrontPage and published a page the server have frozen again.
I couldn't find anything related in the FAQ for 1.3 (not much in the 2.0
FAQ) so I hope someone here can help me figure out what's going on (as it is
now the server is pretty much useless for anything other than testing).
Have anyone else experienced this behavior? is it a bug or a faulty config?
what else could it be?

I'm running Apache w32 2.0.43 under Win XP pro with SP1.

TIA & Best Wishes
Thomas