httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jacob Coby" <jc...@listingbook.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache problem
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:14:44 GMT
OS?  What did you type in to start apache?  What error messages (exact
copies please) were printed out?  What is in the error_log?

How did you upgrade from 1.3 to 2.0?

execvp is a C-language function, not something you would typically see in a
command line environment in conjunction with an error about it being a
missing file or directory.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Stephens" <DanielBStephens@hotmail.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 10:28 AM
Subject: [users@httpd] apache problem

    I was wondering if someone might be able to help me with a apache
problem I've been having. I had quite a bit of trouble switching from
1.3.something to 2.0.4, but I finally did and changed my document root to
the correct directory, but when i went to restart httpd it wouldn't restart
due to the fact that execvp was no known file or directory.
     I'm kinda hoping that this is a fairly uncomplicated problem, as i am
just the appointed IT guy for my small company. As a possibly related
question, when I install a new version of apache, in a new directory
different from where the only one was, do i need to change anything in the
/etc/httpd/ or the /etc/xenitd.d files? Also, where would I put the execvp
file if I had one?
    Thank you for any help you may be able to give,
    Dan