httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jacob Coby" <jc...@listingbook.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] strange error
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 17:28:52 GMT
> I'm not sure if there are related, but I find this error very strange. I
> have never seen it before. My error log has dozens of these:
>
> critical_acquire() failed: No space left on device
> critical_release() failed: No space left on device

This isn't part of apache.  Or linux. Or PHP. A quick search of the internet
shows a whopping 5 hits (non relating to your error); most of them point to
MySQL.

Can you follow the error log and see what triggers the error?  If you're on
a *ix system, you can do `tail -f error_log`

Do you have any non-standard plugins installed?  Do you have source for
them?  With the source, you can at least see what is causing the error.

Just a shot in the dark, but the FrontPage extension problem may be due to
permissions?

-Jacob
http://www.listingbook.com