httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jacob Coby" <jc...@listingbook.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] What happens when httpd hits MaxClients?
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 16:48:17 GMT
> How do you determine how much ram is being used for each connection?

You didn't mention what type of system.  On my linux server, I use the `top`
command:

  PID USER     PRI  NI  SIZE  RSS SHARE STAT %CPU %MEM   TIME COMMAND
20036 nobody    15   0 13380  13M  5092 S     7.7  3.4   0:04 httpd

You can see that apache pid 20036 is taking up about 13mb, of which almost
5mb is shared, for a total usage of 8mb per connection.  You pretty much
just need to guesstimate a 90th percentile mem usage and work from that.

`ps aux` can also report mem usage.

-Jacob
http://www.listingbook.com