httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Peter" <pgog...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re virtual hosts - local network
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2002 12:42:03 GMT
Initially this is a local network. Once I have completed development I
intend to connect to the internet using an ASSL line.

What I need to do now is to set it up so that the web sites on the linux box
can be accessed via the local network using browsers on the windows boxes.

Where can I find instructions for setting up the DNS ?

Should this be on the linux box?

The linux box will have two Ethernet cards, on for the local network and the
other for the DSL connection.  Presumably for the local network I do not
need to worry about firewalls, but will have to do this for the internet
connection.

Any advice will be accepted gratefully.

I have tried reading the manuals about virtual hosts but they confuse me
somewhat, (my wife says that that's because I  am getting too old at 68, to
be doing these sort of things).   My problem is that I find learning by
example more easy than trying to work out precisely what the manual means.

Regards

Peter Goggin