httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jesse Delima" <jdel...@inq7.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Limitations of Apache
Date Tue, 08 Oct 2002 03:49:25 GMT
kinda got lost with the formula....where will i get the RAM per httpd...my only given is the
concurrent users.....?
thanks again
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: William C. (Bill) Jones
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2002 11:26 AM
  Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Limitations of Apache

  On Monday, October 7, 2002, at 11:06  PM, Jesse Delima wrote:

  > i have this question, if I increase the hard server limit from
  > 256 to let say 512.......what will be the effect of this change to
  > the overall performance of the linux box where apache is
  > installed.......in terms of memory usage and cpu utilization?...

  Did you compile Apache to do more than the internal limit of 250 ?
  If so, then try this basic formula -

  Amount of RAM per httpd times the number of httpd equals the amount
  of RAM for concurrent connections.

  CPU usage is more based upon how much swapping you do versus how
  much Network I/O you do...

  > another thing.....is there a chart or a website that will show
  > the limitations of apache..

  Not that I know of...
  -Sx-