httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Andersson" <thomas.anders...@karlstad.bonet.se>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Server stops working
Date Sun, 06 Oct 2002 16:05:10 GMT
Randy Halvorsen wrote:

> Sorry if this is redundant, but I just joined the list this weekend
> and caught the tail-end of this conversation.

It's a new thread so you didn't miss much.

> I too am having a problem with the http server not working after a
> period of time.  It seems to work just fine after the server
> starts-up, but within an hour or so, it will not serve any pages.  My
> mail server continues to work just fine, but not the web server.
> This is my first server, so it is probably something very basic that
> I am missing......

So far I can see no common denominator as far as
version/OS/hardware/firewall/modules goes (except all seems to be running
Apache 2.*). I've seen quite a few reports now about this and no answers,
anywhere... The server doesn't hang or crash, doesn't report errors or log
access attempts.. it just sists there doing nothing.

Best Wishes
Thomas