httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eelco Alosery <i...@multi-graphics.nl>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Document root
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 21:00:37 GMT
At firt mod_vhost_alias module was still commentet whit a #
I found it in the modeles list in the httpd.conf file.
If for axample you have a virtual host www.test.com
You can now make a VitualDocumentRoot.

for example if the document root is /server/htdcos/test
the VrtualDocumentRoot can by /server/htdocs/%2
%2 means test from www.test.com %1 is www and %3 com

whit mod_alias you can make a script alias like /cgi-bin/
"/server/htdocs/test/cgi-bin"
but you can now also do this
VirtualScrpitAlias /server/htdocs/%2/cgi-bin

William C (Bill) Jones heeft op woensdag, 2 okt 2002 om 22:22
(Europe/Amsterdam) het volgende geschreven:

> On 10/2/02 4:18 PM, "Eelco Alosery" <info@multi-graphics.nl> wrote:
>
>> I had to uncomand the mod_vhost_alias module, it was instald on my
>> system.
>> I'm using mac osx 10.2.1
>> mod_alias was already working, I use it to
>
> Uncommand - Comment out?  Why?
>
> I have macOS X 10.2.1 as well and I see two things:
>
> 1)  The VirtualDocumentRoot doesn't seem to take wild cards and
> 2)  The VirtualDocumentRoot directive is part of mod_vhost_alias
>
> Don't know how you can make it work with out that - Unless you use
> mod_alias.
>
> Use mod-alias and <Directory /path/*/path> together.
>
> Cheers!
> -Bill-  :]
> _Sx____________________
>   ('>    iudicium ferat