httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Goggin" <pgog...@smartchat.net.au>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache server and virtual hosts
Date Sun, 20 Oct 2002 02:11:54 GMT
I am setting up an ipcop front end with several web sites on the orange
linux box (redhat 7.3). These web sites use PHP and have mysql databases  I
have several questions about the Apache conf file which I cannot work out
from the docuemtnation:

1. Global Section
a. How are the ifhave values set for including various modules?
b. What should the listener value be set to
c. Do I need to set a bind address

2. Main Server
a. what should ServerAdmin be set to
b. What should servername be set to
c. What should DocumentRoot be set to
d. do I an Action TypeApplication/x-httpd-php line

3. Virtual hosts
There will be three virtual hosts each corresponding to registered domain
name
a. Do I need a declaration for a default host to catch wrong accesses?
b. Do I need to declare server aliases

Regards

Peter Goggin