httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Grant Cooper" <grant.coo...@nucleus.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Web Aplication for Apache
Date Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:57:16 GMT
I am using a server search tool for my web page. I want to modify it but
it's using some kind of executable code to create the html page from the cgi
bin. I just did a search and realize C code can be put in the cgi-bin, is
this correct? If so, since the code is compiled. Is it possible to decompile
it somehow and recompile the code?

Also, I notice alot of attempts to access my CGI bin for files that don't
exists. Are people trying to gain access, steal my contents? What would be
the purpose of this? Spider ect. I'm really new to this and need some
pointers for what to look up.