httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Alex \"Sniper\" Togstad" <sni...@3dretreat.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Compatibility List?
Date Thu, 10 Oct 2002 09:32:03 GMT
Maybe I did not clarify myself...

I want something like this:

Apache Version:            Programs:

Apache 1.3.27 -       Program A, Program B etc

Apache 1.3.26 -      Chillisoft v3.26, PHP 1.4.. etc

Apache 2.0.39 -       Program A, Program B etc.

Apache 2.0.39 -       Chilisoft3.2.6, PHP x.x.x.x

Apache x.x.xx         Program A, Program B, Program C, etc

Basically what version of 3rd party software are able to work with the
different version(s) of Apache. I did not see anything like this on
apachetoolbox.com

Like right now I need PHP, MySQL, Perl and a stable version of Apache to
work with ALL my needs. I have Apache 2.0.39, and I know for a fact that the
latest version of ChilliSoft ASP works with Apache2.0.39, but not Apache
2.0.40. That make sense? I'm pretty knowledgeable as to what works with what
apache version in Windows, but *nix I have no idea cause I have not had to
install apache on a *nic platform yet.....

Do I make sense, or is my idea a lost cause? I think it would be really
cool.. and I think I could make a cool little page in ASP or something.... I
could host it, or someone else could.. It would prolly just be a page with a
bunch of info about the componets out there that are able to work with
Apache, and the different versions. . .

Let me know.

----
Alex Togstad