httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Bruce Douglas" <bedoug...@earthlink.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Multiple copies of Apache on one Windows box...
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 04:43:39 GMT
my bad...

the process to do this is outlined at
http://perlhorizons.com/02/08/28/1034219. However, they seem to have made a
mistake at the end....

instead of...
apache -n "service name" start
apache -n "service name" restart
apache -n "service name" shutdown

it should be...
apache -n "service name" k- start
apache -n "service name" k- restart
apache -n "service name" k- shutdown

Notice the "-k" in each line!!!!!!!!!

Bruce

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Douglas [mailto:bedouglas@earthlink.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2002 8:41 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Multiple copies of Apache on one Windows
box...

I'm running the same version. However, as I indicated, I have modified the
config file to listen on a differnet port. The issue that I'm seeing seems
to have to do with the fact that Apache seems to be installed as a service
within the Windows environment. As such, any instance of Apache appears to
go run the command that is defined for the service. If you stop the service,
the Apache instance will refuse to run. If you attempt to run Apache without
installing it, Apache refuses to run. The only way that I could possibly
think of would be to somehow install Apache, but tell the service that it
creates, that it is to run a specific copy of Apache, from another
folder.....

Comments/Criticisms...

Thanks
Bruce Douglas