httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Peter" <pgog...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject [users@httpd] Virtual hosts on windows
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:05:45 GMT
I have a local network consisting of a win 98 (running apache with php  and
mysql). and an NT box.

 I now want to set up two sites, using virtual hosts. The IP of the win98
box is 10.0.0.2 and of the NT box 10.0.0.3

The domain names will be www.sita.com.au and www.siteb.com.au.

I altered the hosts file to read:
10.0.0.2        www.sitea.com.au
10.0.0.2        www.siteb.com.au.

I included the virtual hosts sections in the apache conf file:
NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.2

#
# VirtualHost example:
# Almost any Apache directive may go into a VirtualHost container.
# The first VirtualHost section is used for requests without a known
# server name.
#
<VirtualHost 10.0.0.2>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@sitea.com.au
    DocumentRoot "C:/usr/www/sitea"
    ServerName www.sitea.com.au
    ErrorLog logs/sitea.log
    CustomLog logs/sitea.log common
    Port 80
# This should be changed to whatever you set DocumentRoot to.
#
 <Directory "C:/usr/www/sitea">

     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews ExecCGI Includes
     AllowOverride None
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
 </Directory>

</VirtualHost>
 I have not included anything for site b yet.

In the browser I can only connect using the ip address 10.0.0.2. I expected
top be able to connect using www.sitea.com.au.

Can anyone please tell me what I have missed.
Regards

Peter Goggin

---