httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Stephen Brooks" ...@stephenbrooks.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] PHP vs. WAP vs. XML vs. MIME types (a multi-technology question...)
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 22:26:55 GMT
--[ok, try changing the header from within the php script:
header("Content-type: text/vnd.wap.wml"); This will replace the standard
text/html MIME type that php echos.]--

That's excellent - it works!  I thought PHP acted by changing just the
content string while Apache still handles the sending, so I didn't expect it
could change a header like that.  Evidently it's a bit more integrated than
I thought.

--[Seems that php ignores the <? and ?> tags if they are in the string.
Good call, I was assuming that they were special characters since they are
picked up from within comments.]--

I think <? will be picked up at any position in the "raw text" because PHP's
tokeniser is turned off there.  But from then on it'll start walking through
in terms of language elements, so a string gets treated as one entity and ?>
only detected after a statement has finished.

    -Stephen