httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Peter" <pgog...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject [users@httpd] Re virtual hosts - local network
Date Thu, 03 Oct 2002 06:59:05 GMT
I have a local network consisting of three machines. Linux (10.0.0.1) has an apache server,
php and mysql available.
The other machines are a win98  (10.0.0.2) and a WinNT machine(10.0.0.3)

I want to set up three web sites on the linux box. (www.site1.com.au, www.site2.com.au and
www.site3.com.au )

What steps do I have to follow to achieve this?
 I assume that I need to use the virtual host facility of apache.
Do I need to set up a DNS for the local network?
Do I need to set up host files on the windows boxes?
 I have read the apache documentation which comes with the install but I am still not clear
on what I have to do to achieve the required result which is to be able to brows to any of
the three sites from either of the windows machines using the appropriate domain names ( www.site1.com.au
etc).

Thanks in advance

Regards