httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Brian Speck" <bsp...@pmcol.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache on linux networking question
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 22:29:12 GMT
This maybe a stupid question. But by any chance did you assign the NT
box the same IP address as the Linux Box?

IF so you have to either change the NT box or the Linux Box.

If not.
 Make sure that the nic cards on the Linux box are actually working..
	Try pinging the NT box or better yet the router.

Also make sure that the netmask is the same as the rest of the network.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robb Garrioch [mailto:robbg@attbi.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 4:53 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache on linux networking question

Jacob,

The win98 box does not recognize the linux machines ip address at all
(via
ping).  When I configured the Network Card on the linux box it filled in
all the
network configurations after I entered the IP address I wanted ... I
then
changed them paralleling the NT setup.  Maybe I shouldn't have done
this.

Robb

Jacob Coby wrote:

> This is a DNS problem.  You need to either edit the hosts file on the
win98
> machine so that dualproc points to the linux machine's ip address, or
setup
> a dns server on the linux machine and have your 98 machine use it as a
> primary dns.

Currently
> > the win98 machine can easily surf to the NT web server which was
> > configured with a static IP address and the DNS of my ISP (ex:
> > http://some_nt_server/some_virtualdir/somefile.htm works fine).  For
one
> > thing the Apache is running and can be reached through the browser
on
> > the Linux machine via http://127.0.0.1/index.html.  Httpd.conf is
> > configured such that the machines name is "dualproc" ... but
> > http://dualproc/index.html doesn't work.  How do I set this mini
network
> > up such that the win98 box would see http://dualproc/index.html?
I'm
> > thinking that this is an Apache configuration problem but I'm not
really
> > sure.  I configured the Linux box's network settings exactly as I
did
> > the NT box's network settings except I added a 1 to the last integer
of
> > the ip address.
> >

> > Robb

Robb Garrioch