httpd-users mailing list archives

From "craig franke" <craig.fra...@harlingen.tstc.edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Troubles enabling PHP on Apache 2.0.40 !?
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 19:00:20 GMT
If you want to use the apache module on w2k you might want to try (though I think you'll have
to download the full win32 distribution to get the extra modules):

LoadModule php4_module C:/php/sapi/php4apache2.dll
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

Supposedly this also works:
LoadModule php4_module C:/php/sapi/php4apache2.dll
<FilesMatch "\.php$">
    SetOutputFilter PHP
</FilesMatch>

however, I've found that post data gets lost with the second one, so I'd stick with the first
option.

I entered these at the bottom of the loadmodule list...  and make sure that you configure
php.ini as needed and copy php4ts.dll to a place in your path.

Craig

>>> jhurst@designforge.com 09/13/02 12:51PM >>>
I've installed Apache 2.0.40 onto a Win2K box and verified that it
serves up webpages, and now need to configure it to process PHP markup.
I just downloaded PHP 4.2.3 installer, installed it into C:\PHP, and as
per the instructions added this to httpd.conf to use it as a CGI binary:

ScriptAlias /php/ "c:/php/"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
Action application/x-httpd-php "/php/php.exe"

Upon restarting Apache it says:
"Syntax error on line 24 of C:/Apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid command: 'ScriptAlias', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
module not included in the server configuration."
I tried commenting out that line, but then it gives a similar complaint
about the next one. And the next. Am I putting these commands in the
wrong file or something?
(btw, I'm a PHP newbie)

Your help is certainly appreciated, thanks!

--
James Hurst, jhurst@DesignForge.com
Engr, www.DesignForge.com - creators of RobotMind and InteMirror