httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ken Causey <...@ineffable.com>
Subject [users@httpd] RE: Re: RE: User cgi-bin doesn't work with 1.3.26, I'm stumped.
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2002 16:03:48 GMT
Boyle Owen wrote:

> There's an old saying among doctors that goes, "If you hear hoofbeats,
> think horses - not zebras..." Although you are to be commended for
> providing access to your httpd.conf and very precise descriptions of your
> problems, it is understandable if a wise and experienced respondent (e.g.
> Joshua) just fires off a quick response that would be right most of the
> time...

Indeed.

I was SO SURE that suexec had nothing to do with anything here.  As the
suexec documents say on httpd.apache.org suexec is not enabled by default
and I just KNEW that Debian wouldn't change that since suexec could lead to
a security problem.  Well, so much for what I 'knew':

temp:/etc/apache# apache -l
Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c
  mod_macro.c
suexec: enabled; valid wrapper /usr/lib/apache/suexec

So I move /usr/lib/apache/suexec elsewhere, restart the server and it works.

Sorry I didn't pay closer attention before.

Thank you Boyle and Joshua, sorry for my thickheadedness.  Now to figure
out the interactions here...

Ken