httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Warner" <li...@consulting.net.nz>
Subject [users@httpd] RE: Is this a VirtualHost bug? (domain matches subdomains)
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 10:52:17 GMT
Hi Boyle Owen,

> Just to be clear:
>
> - all your FQDNs resolve to the same IP address?

Yes. The same server & IP address.

> - do you have a NameVirtualHost directive for this IP?

Yes (it's in /etc/apache2/apache2.conf):
NameVirtualHost *

> - is your client using HTTP/1.1 (i.e. sending a "Host:" header)?

How else would the RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ... rules work?

The main client I use is Mozilla 1.0, and HTTP/1.1 is selected in the
preferences.

> As a tip, put the IP address in the VH tag. It is the ServerName which
> is used for the Host match, e.g.
>
> <VirtualHost 192.168.1.1:80>
>   ServerName domain.co.nz
>   ...etc.

Yes it is the ServerName which is used for the particular host match, and
the ServerName appears to be a subdomain wildcard magnet.

Regards,
Adam