httpd-users mailing list archives

From doug...@dupreeinc.com
Subject [users@httpd] Strange behavior of Apache 1.3.26
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 20:24:13 GMT
Hello,

I encountered what I thought was a strange behavior from my Apache 1.3.26 server which is
running on a Debian Linux system.  I was looking at the
bug reporting page on apache.org and it pointed me here.

I am using php on my server and I have a tendency of renaming old files which are not currently
being used or are in the process of being replaced.
This way I can look at the old code to figure out my fixes.

I had a file on the apache server called GenerateIndex.php which I renamed to GenerateIndex.php.old
at some point while I was working on the site.
Later, I was at a remote site and I missed my click on the history bar and mistakenly selected
a link to the file GenerateIndex.php file.  Well, the Apache
server sent the raw text from the GenerateIndex.php.old file to my remote location ( I was
a bit concerned because the php file has some database
usernames and passwords hard coded into it.

Is this a bug that should be reported or is this behavior (asking for GenerateIndex.php and
receiving GenerateIndex.php.old) already know or
expected?

Thanks,

Doug