httpd-users mailing list archives

From Karoly VEGH <karoly.v...@uta.at>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] multiple SSL VirtualHosts
Date Sat, 07 Sep 2002 16:49:18 GMT
On Fri, 30 Aug 2002, Boyle Owen wrote:

> Your config looks OK... I would suspect there maybe an error in the
> details on the certificate for myotherdomain.at. For example, are you
> really sure that the FQDN in the public cert (.crt file) matches the
> FQDN of the website?

yes, it mathces. ...unfortunately. so i have really no clue what can be
wrong.

> They have to be exactly the same, i.e. www1.site.tld and
> ww2.site.tld don't match.
>
> To check, when you get the warning pop-up, look into the certificate...
> Otherwise, use openssl to view the contents of the cert (openssl x509
> -noout -text -in myotherdomain.at.crt).

at the popup it comes that the server'S certificate does not match its
hostname...

i mean still: https://myotherdomain.at/startfile i get the msg, that
certificate doesnt match, and it shows the certificate from mydomain.at.

> I'm a bit worried you may have inadvertently overwritten one cert with
> the other or something like that...

i checked the cert itself with the suggested command as well, but it seems
to be OK. :(

thx for your help,

charlie

--
Yetsten poss omm-moy owf, vonn da yayzooss show English graydit hot,
don is diss show long goo-add gnu-og fee-a ike, es tsneeacktal.