httpd-users mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] headername
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2002 10:28:36 GMT
On Tue, 17 Sep 2002, Boyle Owen wrote:

> Apparently not. In the docs (hint, hint..) it says:
>
> "Filename is treated as a URI path relative to the one used to access the directory being
indexed".

> Which implies you cannot use an absolute pathname. One workaround might be to make a
symbolic link in every indexed directory to the common file (make sure you have "Options FollowSymLinks")..

It is still early here, and I am pre-caffeine, but my recollection is
that absolute paths are considered to be relative to the ServerRoot,
whereas relative paths are relative to the current directory. I should
probably verify this ...

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@rcbowen.com
Author - Apache Administrator's Guide