httpd-users mailing list archives

From "John P. Dodge" <do...@cruciate.ca.boeing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Libtool Error!!!- mod_jk
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 16:43:54 GMT
See my reply on the tomcat-users.

I had this same issue, try doing a make clean or make distclean and rerun
buildconf.sh. You could also specify HOST=<systype> on the configure line
(configure --help will help).  It seemed to me that this comes up when
configure or libtool is having trouble sniffing out the system type. I
seem to remember that the make clean and rerun buildconf.sh is what
worked.

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Manoj Kithany wrote:

> Hi Experts,
>
> I am getting following LIBTOOL Errors - wonder why. DO any of you Experts
> know how to tackle that - would appreciate that.
>
> I already have libtool on my system.
>
> The Error I get is:
> # make
> Making all in common
> Target "all" is up to date.
> Making all in apache-1.3
>       /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=install cp  `pwd`/mod_jk.so
> libtool: install: you must specify a destination
> Try `libtool --help --mode=install' for more information.
> make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.
>
> Stop.
> make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.
>
> Stop.
> #
>
> Would really appreciate if you could share it with me.
>
> THANKS!
>
> Manoj G. Kithany

"Mon aƩroglisseur est plein d'anguilles"
John P. Dodge
Boeing Shared Services