httpd-users mailing list archives

From carlo.montan...@t-systems.it
Subject [users@httpd] mod_webapp: status code missing in HTTP response
Date Wed, 18 Sep 2002 16:43:37 GMT
Hi all.
I'm using Apache 2.0.35 with mod_webapp, and deploying some web
applications running in Tomcat 4.0.4.
When I access a page in these webapps, I receive what I feel like an
incorrect response from Apache.
For example, the following is a response from Tomcat's standalone listener:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
and this is the response for the same page, requested through Apache and
mod_webapp:
HTTP/1.1 OK
The status code is missing, in violation of RFC 2616.
This is not a problem when the status is 200, but when there is a redirect
(such as a 302) the browser cannot know that it must follow it, so
displaying the error page (Apache Tomcat/4.0.3 -HTTP Status 302 - Moved
Temporarily).
Does anybody use a similar configuration - working?
If I substitute Apache 2.* with a 1.3.* everything works ok... Maybe a bug?

Bye, Carlo