httpd-users mailing list archives

From Saqib.N....@seagate.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] delete user in htpasswds through php
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 23:17:48 GMT

Use LDAP for authentication and authorization control. There are already
very good web based utilities for managing LDAP

"I fear, if I rebel against my Lord, the retribution of an Awful Day (The
Day of Resurrection)" Al-Quran 6:15

                    "Gunter Sammet"

                    <Gunter@SammySolu        To:     "Apache Users" <users@httpd.apache.org>

                    tions.com>               cc:

                    No Phone Info            Subject:     [users@httpd] delete user in htpasswds
through
                    Available                php

                    09/03/2002 04:13

                    PM

                    Please respond to

                    users

Hello all:
Did a bit of reading and couldn't find an answer which makes me happy.

If I need to remove a user from an htpasswd file, do I really need to read
the whole file in, remove the user through code and write it again. Isn't
there an easier way? Everything I found on Google pointed into this
direction.

Would love to hear if there is an easier way!?
TIA
Gunter