httpd-users mailing list archives

From Clement.LASS...@edf.fr
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.XX + SSL + RewriteRules
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2002 13:30:22 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to use RewriteRules inside a SSL-based virtualhost, but it seems
that
it's impossible to access SSL variables (e.g SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_CN)...
I'm using Apache 2.0.40. but I tested 2.0.32 and 2.0.36 with the same
results.

However, the same configuration lines within a 1.3.26 server config file
works successfully :

<VirtualHost _default_:7443>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteLog /path_to_apache/logs/rewrite.log
RewriteLogLevel 9
DocumentRoot "/path_to_apache/htdocs/ssl"
ServerName xxxxx
ServerAdmin xxxx@xxxx
SSLEngine on
SSLProtocol all
SSLCipherSuite HIGH:MEDIUM
SSLCertificateFile /path_to_CA/webserver/server.pem
SSLCertificateKeyFile /path_to_CA/webserver/server_req.pem
SSLCACertificateFile /path_to_CA/demoCA/ca.pem
SSLOptions +ExportCertData +StdEnvVars
SSLVerifyClient require
SSLVerifyDepth  1
RewriteRule ^/(.*)      http://127.0.0.1:7001/$1?user=%{SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_CN}
[P,L]
</Virtualhost>

Does someone already succeed to access SSL variables within RewriteRules
under Apache 2.0.XX ?
Thanks a lot.