httpd-users mailing list archives

From Michael...@lchbank.com
Subject [users@httpd] Apache as reverse proxy
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 01:21:01 GMT
I have an apache server that is serving as a reverse proxy.  The
connection between the client and the apache is via ssl and the
connection between the apache and the application server is also via
ssl but through a different port.

Having tested the application using different browsers, IE and
Communicator is working properly with the reverse proxy but using
Netscape 6.23, I noticed that in the taskbar, it is attempting to
connect to https://www.xxxx.com:some_port when it should be just
https://www.xxxx.com.  Does anyone have a clue as to why it is doing
that?

Below is the portion of my apache configuration file that deals with
the proxy directive:

<VirtualHost *:443>
#  General setup for the virtual host
ServerAdmin you@your.address
SSLEngine on
SSLProxyEngine on
ProxyRequests on

ProxyVia on
RewriteEngine on
RewriteLogLevel 2

RewriteLog logs/rewrite_log
ErrorLog logs/ssl_error_log
TransferLog logs/ssl_access_log
options -followsymlinks -SymlinksIfOwnerMatch

#Redirect Match
ProxyPass       /         https://www.xxxx.com:some_port/
ProxyPassReverse          /         https://www.xxxx.com:some_port/

Any help is appreciated.
ML.

****************** E-mail Disclaimer ******************

This e-mail and all files attached are confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender and delete this e-mail and attachments immediately from your system.
 Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, copying, printing, forwarding or dissemination
of this e-mail or its attachments is strictly prohibited.

Unless advised or agreed otherwise in writing by our authorised representative, we cannot
accept any responsibility for the content of this e-mail or its attachments.  We generally
do not use any e-mail to conclude our legal relationship, and cannot take responsibility for
any reliance on the information contained in this e-mail or its attachments.  Nothing herein
shall be construed as a solicitation or an offer to buy or sell any securities or financial
instruments.  We may record, monitor, supervise and inspect messages transmitted via our email
facility.

We cannot assure that this e-mail and its attachments have not been intercepted, tampered
with or corrupted during the course of transmission.

LIU CHONG HING BANK GROUP
24 Des Voeux Road Central, Hong Kong SAR
Telephone No. (852) 21618511
Facsimile No. (852) 25594148

*************** End of E-mail Disclaimer ***************