httpd-users mailing list archives

From Colin.Sle...@transwareplc.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache SSL Install issues.
Date Fri, 20 Sep 2002 09:22:22 GMT

Try this
Compile Openssl like so
cd openssl_source
sh config  \no idea \ no threads \ -fPIC && make && make install

setup mod_ssl with the following configure:

./configure --with-apache=../apache_source/ --with-ssl=../openssl-source
--prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-shared=ssl --enable-module=ssl
--enable-rule=SSL_SDBM --enable-rule=SSL_EXPERIMENTAL
--enable-rule=SSL_VENDOR --enable-rule=EAPI

There cd apache_source

make && make certificate && make install

This should work

                      "i.t"

                      <i.t@ithum.de>           To:       users@httpd.apache.org

                                               cc:

                      20/09/2002 06:49         Subject:  Re: [users@httpd] Apache SSL Install
issues.
                      Please respond to

                      users

> Everything worked well until the make install.  During the rebuild of
> Apache I lost PHP integration and all the standard modules, ended up with
> just Core and one other.  I began rebuilding PHP, SSL, Apache etc in
> various and sundry ways and eventually got SSL *seemingly* compiled in
but
> when Apache started it complained that I had not compiled PHP for EAPI
> version, which I had, refused to load PHP and quit.  Removing the
AddModule
> and LoadModule lines from httpd.conf solved that but left me with no PHP
> support.

the following scheme should do the trick for you:
- after unpacking apache just do a simple configure
- go to php dir, all php stuff now including make install
- in the apache dir save config.nice to config.nice.php
- do the ssl stuff
- merge the new config.nice with the .nice.php
- add some optons if you like
- run config.nice

--
 . ___