httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Matthew Warren" <wazisonl...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] IE closing connection with PERL CGI output
Date Sun, 22 Sep 2002 22:09:52 GMT
The ping requests wont hit the server because of the firewall.

I have just tried playing with various keepalive settings
(MaxKeepAliveRequests (0, 10, 100) / KeepAliveTimeout / Keepalive ON/OFF
even!..) with no success. I had considered this before, but there is no
timeout occurring.

Regarding packetloss/keepalive timeouts, I am on the same machine the server
is on so as far as I am aware, there are no packets going over the network?
Also, you were able to recieve the info correctly when not using a proxy.

Running the perl from a cmd window, the script finishes executon in about
half a second or less.

I can see the GET request in the apache log, and apache has the correct
content-length in the request.

I am almost never able to get the page correctly, yet you can from over the
'Net unless you are behind a proxy?

:(   I dont know enough about the underlying technologies to know where to
place the cause of the problem.

Is there something special about how a proxy handles a connection with the
webserver,  and How IE, Apache and the O/S will handle a connection/TCP/IP
transaction that occurs within the same machine?

Thanks,

Matt.