httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Matthew Warren" <wazisonl...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] IE closing connection with PERL CGI output
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2002 19:18:38 GMT
Ok, I have tried,

installing XP SP1,
Installine IE6 SP1,
Running Mozilla 1.2

The only vague success is mozilla 1.2. It still fails to load the page
correctly most of the time (Usually incomplete page, but no other
corruption), but does not exhibit the 'craziness' of IE6.

I really am at a loss. My suspicions have all been based arounf the fact I
am on the same machine as the server, but this has proved incorrect as
someone pointed out earlier that they also saw the problems when conecting
through a proxy, but did not see them when no proxy was involved.

My guess is that its something to do with a difference in the 'coversation'
had between the browser/proxy and the server when either

1) the access is from behind a proxy
2) the acceess is on the local LAN

and the access is from a remote IE6 client not behind a firewall.

I have done various file transfer tests to/from the machine on the local
LAN, and watched netstat -e -s stats, they report no TCP errors, or errors
in any other protocol.

I am going to try new network card drivers next, although I am not convinced
this will help.....

Matt.

---