httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Craig Rose" <cr...@webzonic.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Redirecting by languare with .htaccess
Date Sun, 01 Sep 2002 23:40:24 GMT
I'm trying to direct traffic thru language with .htaccess. I've read up as
much as I can but I cannot find anything that will specifically help.

What I'm trying to do is:

Have all the brousers that are "en" enabled stay at my site.
All the ones that are "it" enabled to go to a different page on my site
All the ones that are "de" enabled to go to another different page on my
site
And the remainder redirect to a completely different site.

This is what I wrote, but it does not work.

RewriteEngine on
Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{HTTP:Accept-Language} !^en [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.it) http://www.mysite.com/o.php?site=coolpp.com
RewriteRule ^(.de) http://www.mysite.com/o.php?site=onlineexit.com
RewriteRule ^(.*) http://php.adifferentsite.com/activex.php?u=referal

Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Or make any recomendations?

Thanks,

Craig Rose