httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ion LarraƱaga <ila...@s21sec.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] No listening sockets
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 06:57:08 GMT
Maybe you are trying to run apache too early (before starting your network
interfaces) during run level initialization. I use S10network and S99apache
just to be sure.

Ion LarraƱaga

-----Mensaje original-----
De: apache [mailto:apache@neptune-usa.com]
Enviado el: jueves, 05 de septiembre de 2002 0:04
Para: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
Asunto: [users@httpd] No listening sockets

Need help...!  I've spent hours searching for this error and cannot find a
fix.  I'm running SuSE 7.3 Professional.  I just installed Apache 2.0.40 and
it starts perfectly - manually.  It will not start at boot!!  I get the
message "Cannot assign requested address...no listening sockets
available..."  The configuration seems to be good since I can start manually
using apachectl.  I'm using run levels 2, 3 and 5 for start-up.  Just
doesn't want to start at boot.  I created a user 'apacheusr' who is assigned
to group 'apache,' but nothing f***ing works.  Anyone have any suggestions
or similar problem?

Cheers,

Michael