httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Christian Fredrickson" <fredr...@eng.utah.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] User directories
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2002 14:32:56 GMT
I have a server that maps the /home/users/ directory and /home/otherUsers/
directory from another server. All user home directories are located in one
of these folders. I wish to point the user directories accessed via the web
to one of these directories.

Because the username will not match the folder name on the request (e.g.
http://myserver/~john will point to /home/users/89765/.pub_html/) I need to
setup some aliasing. I hope this is simple, but I will need to find a
solution. Currently my httpd.conf aliases (and proxies) to another server
where the folder names match the request, but to make it easier on the users
I am moving to a new server and mapping the needed directories server.

Thank you all for your help,

Chris