httpd-users mailing list archives

From "cedric.lejeune" <cedric.leje...@laposte.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Dynamic pages+apache+mod_gzip+mod_ssl
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 17:45:17 GMT
Hi everyone!

First of all, I must tell you I'm a newbies =)

Well, got a problem when I want to access dynamically
generated pages on my Apache server with mod_gzip and mod_ssl.
I'm starting from sources and all works well (thanks coders
=). To use mod_gzip+mod_ssl, I've followed Tim Behrendsen's
mini-HOWTO (mod_gzip over SSL mini how-to - first revision).
It works very well too. I've made some tests with static pages
and everything seems OK. I get secure page alert when I access
the secure pages and the compression seems to works according
to the log file. But when I try to acces dynamic generated
pages, I get a problem.
Under IE 5.5 SP2, a dialog box tell me that "This page
contains both secure and non secure Items.  Do you want to
display the non secure items?". I click yes button and nothing
is displayed.
Under Netscape 4.77, the message error is the
following: "Netscape is unable to locate the server
localhost:666. Please check the server name and try again.".

I'm using Apache 1.3.26, bc 1.06, mm 1.1.3 and openssl 0.9.6d.

Dynamic pages are generated with webspeed (can the problem
come from here)?

I can access dynamic pages with only mod_gzip or mod_ssl
running at once, but not both =(

Have already search the web, read the faq... But nothing
related to dynamic pages (do I miss it?)...

What I do not understand is why static pages load well but not
dynamic ones...

So, if anyone has encountered this problem, their help would
be welcome =)

Thanks,

cedric.

Here is chunk of my httpd.conf:

<IfDefine SSL>
Listen 80
Listen 443
Listen 666
</IfDefine>

<IfDefine SSL>

##
## SSL Virtual Host Context
##

<VirtualHost _default_:443>

ProxyRequests On
ProxyPass / http://localhost:666/
ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:666/
mod_gzip_on No

</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost localhost:666>
ErrorLog /opt/apache_1.3.26/logs/error.gzip
TransferLog /opt/apache_1.3.26/logs/access.gzip
DocumentRoot "/wwwroot/"
        <Directory />
                order deny,allow
                deny from all
                allow from localhost
        </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

</IfDefine>

<IfModule mod_gzip.c>
	LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b mod_gzip: %
{mod_gzip_result}n In:%{mod_gzip_input_size}n Out:%
{mod_gzip_output_size}n:%{mod_gzip_compression_ratio}npct."
gzip_log

	CustomLog /opt/apache_1.3.26/logs/gzip.log gzip_log

        mod_gzip_on Yes

        mod_gzip_add_header_count Yes

        mod_gzip_keep_workfiles No

        mod_gzip_dechunk Yes

        mod_gzip_item_include file \.html$
        mod_gzip_item_include file \.htm$
        mod_gzip_item_include mime ^text/html$
        mod_gzip_item_include mime ^text/htm$
        mod_gzip_item_include mime ^text/plain$
        mod_gzip_item_include mime ^httpd/unix-directory$

        mod_gzip_item_exclude mime ^image/.*

        mod_gzip_command_version '/mod_gzip_status'
</IfModule>

Do I miss something?

E-mail: cedric.lejeune@laposte.net

Accédez au courrier électronique de La Poste : www.laposte.net ; 3615 LAPOSTENET (0,13 €/mn)