httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mike _" <rmik...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Having trouble with OpenBSD layout.
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2002 01:14:09 GMT
I downloaded version 2 of the Apache source code and compiled it using the
--enable-layout=OpenBSD option.  When I typed 'apachectl start' i received
an error message saying that httpd can't find httpd.conf in
/usr/local/apache2/conf.  The OpenBSD layout sent this file to
/var/www/conf.  How do I get httpd to look for it in /var/www/conf?

According to the error message, I can edit the apachectl script to achieve
this result, but I did not see any line in apachectl that would allow me to
specify the path to the httpd.conf file.

I would like to fix this problem without having to use ports.  What can I
do?