httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mike _" <rmik...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Still trying to figure this bugger out.
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2002 21:40:01 GMT
>>I added the -f /var/www/conf/httpd.conf line to my apachectl script and it
>>appears to work now... sorta.  When I type apachectl, I receive no warning
>>messages.  When I type it again, it tells me that the process is running,
>>so HTTPD was launched successfully.  However, I can't access the site and
>>when I type 'apachectl status' I get this error:
>>
>>Looking up localhost.
>>Making HTTP connection to localhost.
>>Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host.
>
>Are there httpd processes running (check ps -ef or ps aux).  Is there
>anything in the apache error log?  What does the Port directive in
>httpd.conf say?
>
>Joshua.

Yup, httpd processes are running.  The error log contains the following:

[Mon Sep 16 06:23:49 2002] [notice] Apache/2.0.40 (Unix) configured --
resuming normal operations
[Mon Sep 16 06:29:22 2002] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
[Mon Sep 16 06:35:58 2002] [notice] Apache/2.0.40 (Unix) configured --
resuming normal operations

These lines repeat about five times.  The Port directive in httpd.conf has
been renamed to Listen in version 2.  It says 'Listen 80'.  I changed this
to 'Listen [my ip address]:80' but it still doesn't work.