httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Santiago" <peter.santi...@psinergybbs.com>
Subject [users@httpd] VirtualHost configuration
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2002 06:23:18 GMT
Hi... I know this might have been asked a zillion times already... anyway
below is my basic virtual host definition.

NameVirtualHost *

#
# VirtualHost example:
# Almost any Apache directive may go into a VirtualHost container.
# The first VirtualHost section is used for requests without a known
# server name.
#
#<VirtualHost *>
#    ServerAdmin webmaster@dummy-host.example.com
#    DocumentRoot /www/docs/dummy-host.example.com
#    ServerName dummy-host.example.com
#    ErrorLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-error_log
#    CustomLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-access_log common
#</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
    DocumentRoot /var/www/html
    ServerName  www.psinergybbs.com
    ScriptAlias  /cgi-bin/  /var/www/cgi-bin
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
    DocumentRoot /home/users/francis.balagtas/public_html/html
    ServerName bbs.psinergybbs.com
    ScriptAlias  /cgi-bin/  /home/users/francis.balagtas/public_html/cgi-bin
</VirtualHost>

www and bbs dot psinergybbs.com are both cnames in my DNS records...
pointing to psinergybbs.com A record.

I am not sure what I'm doing wrong here... I just followed the most basic
virtual host configuration, theoretically they should have worked, failed
though....  really puzzled here... TIA

Peter