httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Skladovs, Victor" <Skla...@his.de>
Subject AW: [users@httpd] Basic Authorization:Can I protect two directories simultaneously?
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 10:07:40 GMT
Hallo DW!

It doesn't work by me with <Director> tag at all.
In my httpd.conf I have:
<Location /myproject>
AuthType Basic
AuthName Login
Require valid-user
AuthUserFile "C:/Programme/Apache/Apache/conf/mod_auth.users"

</Location>
<Location /cocoon>
AuthType Basic
AuthName Login
Require valid-user
AuthUserFile "C:/Programme/Apache/Apache/conf/mod_auth.users"
</Location>

/myproject and /cocoon are NOT the Apache directories, but Tomcat
webapps. Apache knows about them as I use mod_jk.
I've got at the moment two authorization dialogs: first, when I call my
servlets, that lies in /myproject, the second -  when I want to work
with /cocoon. Actually, I'd not like to have the dialog two times and
the idea was whether it is possible to "unite" these two location tags
in one, so to speak.

Any ideas?

Viktor