httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ramakrishna Kuppa <ramakris...@intruvert.com>
Subject [users@httpd] RE: Apache_1.3.26-Mod_SSL_2.8.10-OpenSSL_0.9.6g for Win32
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2002 16:33:41 GMT
Thanks Chris for the links. I will look forward to your notes on both Apache
1.3.xx and 2.0.xx versions.

html). I
> am wondering if you have a HOWTO_BUILD document for Win32 systems? If
> so, please share with the user community.
>
> Thanks
> Ramakrishna

Ramakrishna,

Back in the summer I did a quick set of instructions for building Apache
2.0.36 or 2.0.39.  I was not feeling well and clumsily responded to
someone who was frustrated while trying to build the code - the notes
are rather messy.

Having spent several days figuring it out and recognizing the errors he
was getting, I created an email that walked him through the build, by
cutting and pasting my console screens.

Google 'theantigod' to find the thread...

http://www.mail-archive.com/modssl-users@modssl.org/msg14686.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/modssl-users@modssl.org/msg14698.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/modssl-users@modssl.org/msg14699.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/modssl-users@modssl.org/msg14696.html

Apache 2.x.xx and Apache 1.3.xx build differently and I did not document
the steps for Apache 1.3.26.  I could create one for the older Apache as
well, I suppose.

Are there enough people still wanting to build Apache 1.3.26?

I am teaching a co-worker, how to build Apache.  We manage more than
20,000 (small) Apache Servers in our employer's private network.   Let
me see what notes she has made.  Perhaps we can offer something that is
a joint effort.

Chris aka hunter.