httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jose Correia (J)" <Corr...@telkom.co.za>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Problems with SSL
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2002 07:24:46 GMT
You could start by posting the part of httpd.conf where you do this...

-----Original Message-----
From: David Busby [mailto:busby@pnts.com]
Sent: 27 September 2002 01:07
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Problems with SSL

List,
	Apache noob here:
I was trying to enable SSL on my Apache 2.0.40 web server, I had 1.3.x

on there with SSL but it was the RH73 install, I wanted the latest
version.  So I downloaded and installed, got OpenSSL 9.6g and PHP
4.2.3
connected.  So then I tried to add my own self signed certificate for
my
SSL operations.  I followed the steps describe in the Apache manual to

make my own cert with OpenSSL, sweet.  I added the correct path to the

config directives in my ssl.conf (which is included in my httpd.conf)
Now Apache starts to listen on 443, but doesn't listen with SSL.  I
can
telnet straight to 443 and issue an HTTP request, but if I try to
connect with an SSL client it hangs.  Any pointers?

/B