httpd-users mailing list archives

From Steven Garrett <Stev...@cometsystems.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] v100 memory problem
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2002 22:19:47 GMT
hmm...could be, but I've unloaded the module several times and just ran
against a plain text html page and gotten the same results as a php enabled
page.

I'll do some more digging and see what, if anything I can come back with.

Thanks for all you help,

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua Slive [mailto:joshua@slive.ca]
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 6:10 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] v100 memory problem

Steven Garrett wrote:
> LoadModule php4_module        libexec/libphp4.so
> LoadModule rewrite_module     libexec/mod_rewrite.so

> No, when I stop and start apache, the memory is not recovered, I have to
> bounce the box in order to recover.

Are you sure you are measuring memory usage correctly?  The only way
that apache would hold memory after it was killed is if some module
(like php) was allocating shared memory and not properly releasing it.

You need to do some more analysis on exactly what is using the memory
and how.  Your problem is almost certainly not with Apache itself.  It
is either with a php script you are using, or some other associated
software.

Joshua.