httpd-users mailing list archives

From Steven Garrett <Stev...@cometsystems.com>
Subject [users@httpd] v100 memory problem
Date Thu, 19 Sep 2002 21:23:44 GMT
Hi,

I'm using solaris 8, apache 1.3.26 running on a Sun v100.  When I run the
httpd process and use our load testing application (siege).  The system
memory gets sucked down to nothing and then the it starts swapping like
crazy.  The problem is, when I turn off our load testing application, the
memory is never released.  Has anyone seen a problem like this or have any
suggestions?

The apache build is pretty much "out of the box", the only shared objects
are rewrite and include.  All other modules are the default ones and are
complied in statically.  I also don't have any kernel tuning parameters in
the /etc/system file.

Thanks in advance,

Steve