httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jochen K├Ąchelin ...@linux.amsjk.de>
Subject Re[2]: [users@httpd] i'am to stupid to configure suexec
Date Sun, 29 Sep 2002 00:33:30 GMT
SL>      #!/usr/bin/perl
SL>      print "Content-type: text/plain\n\n";
SL>      print "I am real uid $<, effective uid $>.\n";
SL>      print "I am real gid $(, effective gid $).\n";

SL> Real and effective should be the same here, I think.

I get the following when I run your script:

I am real uid 99, effective uid 99.
I am real gid 99 99, effective gid 99 99.

99  ist  the  uid  of nobody, gid 99 is group nobody - exactly under
what apache runs. But in the VirtualHost container there's

SuexecUserGroup jochen jochen   // uid = 500, gid = 500

Why must I use this directive?

Ok. Thanks.

--
Jochen Kaechelin