httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Stewart Gilray" <stewa...@binary9-studios.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Dump httpd.conf setup question...
Date Sun, 29 Sep 2002 21:08:40 GMT
I know I'm coming over as a complete beginner with this mail, but this
single question has been puzzling me for almost a year now, I've
searched the web, I've asked others, but somehow no one, either a)
knows, or b) can tell me...

I run an apache 1.3 server from my house, where I have around 4 (quiet)
websites running, they've all got their own domain names, so I use the
virtual host stuff...

My problem is when I develop websites, and I don't have a domain for
them, and I want to use the /~user/ address I can't get the cgi-bin for
each of the /~user/ to work, it keeps defaulting to the standard default
usr/apache/cgi/ one, which I DON'T want it to use...

I assume that the solution is either in the userdir stuff or as a
general scriptalias, I at first DID assume it would of been like the
userdir command of...

<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
    UserDir "k:/usr/users/*/public_html/"
</IfModule>

IE

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "k:/usr/users/*/cgi-bin/"

But as I'm sure you know, doesn't work...

Any ideas would be REALLY REALLY REALLY appreciated...

As in the words of the list maintainer (and Bill and ted) be excellent
to each other ;-)

    Stewart - aka Confused apache server duder.