httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mitch Vincent <mi...@cfact.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_vhost_alias/rewrite question
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2002 00:20:26 GMT
Hello gang.. I'm using mod_vhost_alias on one of our web servers and
want to try something...

Many people request just domain names (domain.com) in their browser
rather than www.domain.com, this isn't really a problem as under my
VirtualDocumentRoot I've made symlinks from domain.com to
www.domain.com.. This is starting to confuse users, so I would like to
come up with a rewrite rules that automagically rewrites requests for
only just domain names and prepends a www. onto them so I don't have to
add symlinks or do any manual configuration.. Is this even possible?

After some playing I can't seem to get it to work correctly and I hope
someone on-list can slap me with another clue stick :-)

Please let me know if I've been too vague or can be more specific about
anything!

Thanks thanks thanks!

-Mitch